Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Lentil Soup

Tonight I had leftover lentil soup that I had made on Sunday. I came across the lentils and barley as I was cleaning out the cupboards and decided that I should use them up. Marc has never seemed that enthused about lentils. As for me, I used to eat them 3 or more times a week when I lived alone. To be honest I never did much with them when I cooked them so on Sunday I decided to experiment so that they would be more appealing to others.

After cruising around on the Internet trying to find a recipe I decided I was going to just try a little of this and a little of that in my lentil soup. We ended up with a diced onion, which I sautéed until translucent, a beef stock cube, lentils, barley and some cumin and coriander for a little flavor. After sautéing the onions I basically just added all the other ingredients and a lot of water and let simmer for a while. I think I’m going to have to work on this a little more, maybe add some carrot and celery next time.

I am also hoping that for my birthday I get an immersion blender so pureeing soups like this will be a whole lot easier.

No comments: