Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pasta with Vodka Sauce, Salad and Garlic Bread


Day one and we have succeeded in following the plan. We didn't try anything new but rather enjoyed the tried and true. On our pasta we had vodka sauce, but this time used the Classico version instead of Emeril. I think I like Classico better. We also had the fancy salad with apples, cranberries and candied walnuts and homemade salad dressing. Now that I've found out how easy it is to throw together a dressing and not have a bottle sitting in the fridge that just goes bad, I'm not sure I will buy salad dressing again for just the two of us. The garlic bread was made in our new toaster oven which, unlike the old one, actually turns off when the bread is toasted.

It was a pretty easy dinner and the perfect calm start to the week. Until we got to the dish washing. Marc decided to take the trash and recycling out while I did the dishes. As I was doing them I started to feel warm water on my foot. Thinking I had spilled some water over the edge of the counter I looked down to see water flooding out from the cabinet under the sink. Turns out the connector between the garbage disposal and the drain was not longer connected. So all the water from the dishes was now in the cabinet under the sink. We'll definitely be having the landlord come over tomorrow to fix that one.

No comments: