Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Easy Grilled Chicken

Tonight I had to be creative with what we were going to have for dinner. After being away for the weekend we really didn't have much in the fridge and I only had enough energy after work today to go to Costco. Lucky for me we had some potatoes and zucchini in the house so I was able to throw together a pretty balanced meal.

One of our favorite ways to have grilled chicken is to marinate it in Italian dressing first before grilling. I can't tell you how easy it is or how tasty it turns out. Every time I think to myself, something this easy tastes this good?! The marinade works well even if you have only a few minutes before cooking the chicken. Add some oven roasted potatoes and grilled zucchini with onion and you have a delicious easy to make meal.

The best part was that I was able to throw the potatoes in the oven when I got home, finish a bunch of chores like laundry and uploading pictures. Then by the time Marc got home all he had to do was quickly grill the chicken and veg and dinner was ready to go. I'm really digging the roast potatoes. Now if only the weather was more fall-like, they would actually feel like an appropriate side dish for the season.

No comments: