Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Steak Stir Fry

Today was stir fry night to use up the leftover steak from last night plus leftover vegetables from last week. At Trader Joe's I picked up some rice sticks (noodles) and a bag of their frozen vegetable hodgepodge.


To make the dinner I started by boiling the rice sticks for about 6 minutes. While I was waiting for the water to boil and actually boiling the noodles I stir-fried the frozen vegetables, plus the fresh leftover vegetables, with a little bit of sesame oil in my wok. I removed the vegetables from the wok to stir-fry the noodles with a little bit of canola oil. To finish the noodles I added a little bit of Trader Joe's Island Soyaki (teriyaki) sauce, just enough to give the noodles a light brown color. After placing the noodles into bowls for dinner, I briefly heated up the thinly sliced leftover steak.

Noodles + stir fried vegetables + thinly sliced steak = yummy dinner

No comments: