Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grilled Steaks and Zucchini with Summer Orzo

Dinner tonight started with defrosting some steaks from the freezer. I really wished we had potatoes but since we used them up for breakfast and I didn't want to make a run to the store I decided to use up the remaining orzo from the cupboard. Amazingly this meal came together in less then 30 minutes and was quite scrumptious if I do say so myself.

To barbecue the steaks Marc sprinkled them with salt and then grilled for about 7 minutes on each side. The zucchini was diced, placed on top of a large piece of foil, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with cracked pepper. The foil was then folded together around the zucchini to make a packet to be placed on the upper rack of the grill for about 20 minutes.

Inside the house I was busy getting the water to a boil for the orzo. As I was waiting I trimmed and sliced the green beans into bite size pieces and opened a can of corn. Once the water was boiling I added the orzo, placed a steamer with the green beans on top of the pan and made sure it maintained a boil. After 9 minutes I drained the orzo, mixed it with a couple of tablespoons of butter, a drizzle of olive oil, a half a can of corn, the steamed green beans, and some freshly cracked pepper.

And that, was dinner.

No comments: