Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Passage to India

Tonight we decided to take a break from cooking and headed out to one of our favorite Indian restaurants. Well, actually our favorites are back in DC and Alexandria but Passage to India is the closest one to us that we like. If you ever find yourself in Alexandria, Virginia you have to try the Bombay Curry Company. Hands down my favorite Indian restaurant of all time.

I have to admit that when we eat Indian food we aren't really adventurous in what we order. There are about 4 dishes that we love and usually order every time. Sometimes we order two entrees, rice and naan, sometimes we order three just so we can have some leftovers.

Tonight we ordered two orders of plain naan, rice, chicken karahi, yellow daal tadka, a mango lassi and a kingfisher. The chicken karahi was described as tender chicken stir fried with bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and spices served in karahi (copper dish) and was absolutely delicious. Definitely a new dish to add to the list of regulars. I like the daal because it comes sauteed with onions, tomatoes, garlic, cumin seeds and lots of cilantro. My favorite part of the meal is always the mango lassi and usually the first thing I order when we sit down. There's something about yogurt drinks that I just can't avoid. Plus if anything is too spicy for me, this cools the burning.

No comments: