Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Girls Day

Lately I have been in a little bit of a funk. As you might have noticed the funk has lead to me not blogging very much. But don't worry, after today I feel like I'm back and I plan to update you on all the goings on, starting with today.

About a week ago I was talking to one of my best girl friends and she happened to mention that she would be down in LA the Friday before Halloween with her boyfriend to visit some of his family. It was going to be a short trip because she had to be back in the bay area Saturday night so she could pack and catch a flight on Sunday for a business trip. Jokingly I suggested that she should stay in LA on Saturday and we should meet up for a girly day of shopping and haircuts. After we got off the phone that night I kept thinking about what we had discussed and I realized that instead of just talking about it I should make it happen. So the next day I had made two haircut appointments at the salon I used to go to when I lived in LA and had sent her an email telling her the time I would be picking up her up at her hotel and what our itinerary was for the day.

Honestly this girls day out couldn't have come at a better time. Not only did we both desperately need haircuts but I also realized that I needed a day of hanging out with a really good friend. I guess one of the benefits to being back in California is that I have good friends nearby. After successful haircuts, mine used to be below my shoulders and is now just about chin length, we headed to the mall for some shopping. We both had success, me with three dress and her with some new work clothes.

And to top it all off we had a chance to stop by Diddy Riese for their famous ice cream sandwiches. You pick the flavor of the fresh homemade cookies and the ice cream, they build the sandwich for you, and you enjoy. All for just $1.50, it's unbelievable! Sadly after this delicious snack our day had to come to an end so she could hit the road for her 6 hour drive back to the bay area.

3 comments:

Goombella said...

Woo-hooo, that sounds fun!

Hey, are you doing NaBloPoMo this year? I might give it a go~

Paige said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!!! Hooray for girls day! =)

Marion said...

It sounds like a great day! It is important to make time for days like that. I love your new haircut. I saw it on Facebook are you going to put a picture here?