Wednesday, September 30, 2009


I arrived in London this morning for a short vacation and continued celebration of my brother's recent marriage. I would like to say that we arrived early but sadly it wasn't in the cards for us.

We arrived in London at 6:30 when we were originally supposed to land at 7:30. After circling the airport for 15 minutes we were finally given the go ahead to land and touched down at 6:45. At which point we found out that our gate was occupied because we had landed early. So we were shuttled off to the remote parking area where they bring steps to the plane and then shuttle bus you to the terminal. Sadly, when we arrived to the remote terminal it was also full and we had to wait until 7:15, when it was free and we finally could pull in. Unfortunately the guiding system on our plane malfunctioned and it was another 15 minutes of waiting before we could pull the last 10 meters into the remote gate and finally get off the plane. Which of course took longer then normal because instead of getting off the plane and into the terminal we were getting off the plane, going down the stairs and waiting for shuttle buses to take us to the terminal.

Once inside things ran a lot smoother. Customs line was short, my bag was already going around the baggage reclaim and the tube was waiting for me at the stations, both originally and at my connection. It couldn't have been smoother.

After a 2 hour nap, I joined my parents for lunch and then this afternoon we headed over to my sister's house where I met my niece for the very first time. As cute as a button and very curious. Definitely a keeper. I also presented my nephew with a new construction book which seemed to go over quite well. He kept running around the house yelling out "digga!" and looking at all the pictures.

This evening mom, dad and I went out for traditional Fish and Chips with a side of mushy peas. Nothing better out there to give you energy to overcome jet lag. I am now waiting for my brother and sister-in-law to get back from Paris so I can give them a hug and then crawl into my bed and get a peaceful nights sleep. Tomorrow morning M arrives and we are going to tour London. It's his first time here.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Sounds like so much fun! I think poor Mr M needs a better blog name. What about Mr. Deere? Catchy right!