Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Windshield Wipers

In all my years of car ownership I have never once had to change my windshield wipers. Unfortunately about a month ago, or maybe a little bit more than that, I noticed that one of my windshield wipers had torn. As a good car owner I added "buy new windshield wipers" to my to-do list for the week. Strangely, week after week, it kept being put on the top of the to do list. I mean really, who needs to worry about new windshield wipers in the middle of the summer?

So this weekend when M and I were driving by the Autozone that is literally around the corner from my house (maybe a 5 minute walk) we decided it was time to get this little errand done. I was told that there was a book which would tell me the size of the windshield wiper that I would need for my car, so after not finding said book in the windshield wiper aisle I headed up to the counter.

Apparently, this little book no longer exists, they now have the information on a computer. Technology these days, I tell ya! So after entering my car make and model I was set to go. It was at this moment that I also learned my 2005 Toyota Corolla has two different sized windshield wipers. I like to think that I'm a pretty intelligent and independent woman but honestly, had I done this on my own I probably would have measured one of my windshield wipers, bought two of that size, and then been surprised that one of them didn't fit.

Once we got back to my house M decided to be proactive and instead of allowing me to leave my new windshield wipers in their boxes in the car for the next couple of months he started teaching me how to change them. And literally, within 20 seconds, it was done.

M tells me that windshield wipers are supposed to be changed every six months, guess I should put it on the to do list now.

No comments: