- On Monday night the Caps won the sixth game of the Stanley cup playoffs quarterfinals, leaving the series tied 3-3. Tonight is game 7 and I'm not sure I can contain my excitement.
- Monday I met with a woman who runs an elderly community in Old Town Alexandria. I am going to start teaching nutrition classes there once a month.
- Last night I went to the city council meeting. The vice-mayor read a proclamation about the Mayor's Get Healthy For Life Alexandria initiative. My Healthy Lifestyles Work Group was there sporting 50 million pound challenge t-shirts, another initiative that our group is working on.
- The healthy lifestyles work group that I co-chair has a new website: http://www.alexhealth.org/partnership/healthy_lifestyles_workgroup.html Check it out!
- Tomorrow I get to go watch M play in a hockey game.
- Sadly on Friday night Timberlakes, my favorite bar in Dupont Circle, is having their closing party. It will be lots of fun to see all the regulars and hopefully the new owners won't change too much before reopening.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
What an Exciting Week!
This week has been pretty busy and exciting. Here are some things that have been going on: