Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Ice Cream

Not too long ago I received a late Christmas present from my brother . . . the ice cream maker attachment for my stand mixer plus the Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream Recipe Book. I can't tell you how much my stomach is thanking him and my arteries are hating him. But seriously, ice cream is so easy to make and so delicious when you know exactly what went into it. None of that artificial stuff you find in the store bought stuff.

So far I have made Ben's Chocolate and French Vanilla. I loved both but I have to say the French Vanilla is to die for.

Ingredients
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Place eggs into the bowl of your mixer and, using whisk attachment, whisk at speed 4 until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Whisk in the sugar a little at a time and continue whisking until completely blended. Pour in the cream, milk, and vanilla and whisk on stir until combined.

Remove whisk from machine and attach ice cream maker attachment. Set machine to stir and pour cream mixture into ice cream maker. Mix for approximately 30 minutes, transfer to freezer safe containers and freeze until solid. Makes approximately two large yogurt containers of ice cream.

No comments: