Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Staff Picnic

About a week ago I had the following conversation with the nurse manager at my clinic:

NM: We have been approved to have a picnic for the next monthly staff meeting.
Me: The next staff meeting is a week away.
NM: Yes it is, you're in charge of planning.
Me: Oh.

This sort of last minute planning, unfortunately, is exactly what I have come to expect from my company. At first I was upset with the short notice and then I realized that this was an opportunity to get everyone out of the clinic, into nature, get some exercise and hopefully start building our team. Like Henry Ford said, "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."

I have just spent the last half an hour reading through ice breakers, team building games, and group activities. We'll find out tomorrow whether the day is a success or a complete disaster. At least it's supposed to be sunny . . .

No comments: