Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

List #23 - Irene's Visit

Lucky for me I have my ex-roommate from LA visiting this weekend, and I couldn't be more excited! Yesterday I picked her up from the Chinatown bus stop and we headed straight to U-street for lunch at Mocha Hut. I had the most delicious breakfast panini (scrambled egg, ham and gruyere on ciabatta) and we caught up on all sorts of gossip. Then we headed to the Mall, and after 16,000 steps, here's what we saw:

  • Gardens at the Smithsonian Castle
  • Washington Monument
  • Lincoln Memorial
  • Korean War Memorial
  • Vietnam Memorial
  • The White House
  • The Capital

    Last night I showed her some of my favorite spots in my neighborhood. We had Indian food for dinner at Bombay Curry Company and then headed over to the No. 9 Lounge for a glass of wine and more chatting. Today we are heading back to China Town to meet up with Irene's cousin and then we'll check out old town Alexandria this afternoon.

    I'm so excited to have someone to show my neighborhood too. Even better, she's here until Tuesday and then three of my high school friends arrive on Friday. Can it get any better?!
  • No comments: