Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Helena's Never Fail Chocolate Cake

This recipe is in celebration of the last day of NaBloPoMo. I was late one day and missed another day completely but all in all I think I did pretty good for my first attempt. Over the next few months I have a lot of new recipes to try and will hopefully be able to update my posts with photos.

Helena's Never Fail Chocolate Cake
  • 8 oz plain flour
  • 2 oz cocoa
  • 1 level tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 oz easy creaming margarine
  • 10 oz caster sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 pint buttermilk or milk soured with 1 tsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.

In bowl combine dry ingredients (flour through salt). In a separate bowl combine margarine, sugar, eggs and milk. Blend for 1 minute. Stir in combined dry ingredients. Pour into two 8" cake tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!

Frosting
  • 2 oz butter
  • 3 oz icing sugar
  • 1 tsp coffee essence
Cream all ingredients together and spread over cooled cake.

No comments: