Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Incoming Phone Calls

As the receptionist it is my responsibility to answer all incoming phone calls. I have to admit there aren't that many, but the ones that come through are definitely interesting. The majority of the calls we receive are about commercial driver licences. Today I received a call from your typical sweet southern lady (SSL), here's a portion of the conversation:
  • SSL: Is this the number I call for making an appointment to take my commercial drivers licence test?
    Me: You would need to contact your local DMV. What state are you calling from?
    SSL: Georgia.
    Me: The number you need to call is 4-0-4
    SSL: 4-0-4
    Me: 3-6-2
    SSL: 3-6- (heavy GA accent) what baby?
    Me: 3-6-2 (trying not to laugh)
    SSL: 3-6-2 ...
Gotta love the southern accent and a little bit of baby. Lucky for me the majority of our calls come from the great state of Georgia. Although this is the first time I have heard baby I have received some other fun phone calls. For example:
  • Me: The number you need to call is 4-0-4.
    Caller: 4-0-4
    Me: 3-6-2
    Caller: 3-6-2
    Me: 6-5-0-0
    Caller: 4-0-4-3-6-2-6-5-0-0. Thank you.
    Five minutes later I answer the phone to the same caller.
    Caller: Can you give me that number again. I was trying to remember it, but I forgot. This time I'm gonna write it down.
And sometimes the caller decides to program the number in their phone with you on the line so you get:
  • Me: 4-0-4
    Caller: BEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEP

No comments: