Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I've got one!

Who would have known that the absolute last place I look at, and the very first one I emailed to my Virginia family months ago, would be the place I decided to live in? Definitely not me!




This morning I signed the lease on my brand new apartment and this afternoon I was driving away with the keys in hand. It's a cute little one bedroom one bathroom bachelorette pad. This apartment is the only one we looked at that had a kitchen I felt I could actually cook in, which you all know is very important to me. It's about $300 less per month then I was expecting to pay and it has a small balcony off of my room; Perfect for those tropical summer evenings or cheery spring afternoons. The location makes it easy to get to the metro, hop on the freeway to head up to Maryland, or to head south to Old Town Alexandria. Which means it is perfect for guests, and if you fly into Reagan airport you are literally at my doorstep.

Now that the living situation has been figured out, Michelle and I can actually enjoy a little time off for vacation. Tonight we are heading into Georgetown for drinks with friends and then tomorrow we are heading into the city to visit a museum and get a tour of the Pentagon. Tomorrow night we are taking over the kitchen to cook dinner for our favorite Virginia family. I just can't wait to get back and get fully settled in to my new place. It's going to be a great city to explore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been in my own crazy bubble this week and missed all of this! Congratulations!! You do realize that your new apartment for one is bigger than mine for two and two dogs, right? It looks so nice!