Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Apartments, Apartments, Apartments

After a restfull 11 and a half hours of sleep, Michelle and I decided it was time to seize the day. After a nutritious breakfast we had a strategic planning meeting where we identified the location of the ten apartments we wanted to see today. Then we created ourselves a little route, numbered the apartments in the order we wanted to see them and headed out into the neighborhoods of northern Virginia.

Let me start by saying 10 apartments is a little ambitious for two people to see in one day. We started off highly energetic but by the end I think our glazed expressions, lack of questions and generally exhausted demeanor led the leasing agent to comment, "I guess you've seen quite a few apartments today."

Instead of boring you with information about each apartment we saw, I am going to provide you the highlights. As of right now, there are three possible apartments I could see myself living in, and there's at least one I really want to see tomorrow and one showing in the evening. All four are not in the EXACT location I want, which I don't really understand my obsession with because I honestly don't know exactly what I want. One is cheap rent, in a fabulous neighborhood but on the downside it is a little small and not very light. The other front runner is a gorgeous apartment in a fabulous building, the downside to this one is that it is only just within my price range, or what I think my price range should be. The third one that I am considering is the same price range as the second front runner (only just in my range) has a better location but the building and apartment are definitely not as nice.

Overall, we had a very successful day looking at apartments. What I need to do tonight is think about the pros and cons and then figure out what exactly I want to do. I also know that I will not be making my decision tonight as there is definitely one more I have an appointment to see tomorrow morning at 10. But hopefully tomorrow I'll be able and ready to make my decision.

No comments: