Pages

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Nutella Ravioli

**It's a holiday miracle! When I turned on my computer today the pictures were back! So now you can see how beautiful these little gems really are.**



In the excitement of sharing my freshly made and instantly gobbled batch of nutella raviolis I accidentally deleted all of the pictures I just took. Sad, because they really were beautiful photographs. So instead you will have to imagine the golden brown crispy triangles of oozing nutella until you make them yourself. Which I promise is the easiest thing to do. Here's my recipe from what I remember seeing on Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis.

1 package of wonton wrappers
1 jar of nutella
vegetable oil for frying
powdered sugar

Take out one wonton wrapper, place a teaspoon of nutella in the middle. Using a pastry brush, brush two edges of the wrapper with water. Fold the wonton wrapper diagonally in half and press down to seal. I like to press the edges with a fork to add a little detail to the raviolis. Repeat to make as many raviolis as desired. I recommend four per person.

Heat the oil over medium high heat until warm. You can tell the oil is hot enough when a piece of the wonton wrapper turns brown after 10 seconds in the oil. Place each ravioli into the oil and fry until golden, remember to turn the ravioli at least once. Set on a paper towel to dry. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!

1 comment:

K.S. said...

Oh man that looks amazing. I'm also obsessed with that cod thing one post down. How did you do that? I want some!!