Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend I spent some time with my favorite married couple J&C up in the mountains. With a whopping 6"-12" of man-made machine groomed snow we decided we would sit out on the skiing/snowboarding this weekend in exchange for Christmas decorating and catching up. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! I arrived on Friday after a short five hour drive (yes I combined short with five hours, but only because I was able to use cruise control the whole way and for some reason I was under the impression it was going to take me six hours). After a few "welcome to the mountain" drinks, we decided to take an evening stroll to enjoy the crisp mountain air. Surprisingly this stroll took us straight to the local bar. We called it an early night so that C could get up for work in the morning, but only after impressing the locals with our shenanigans.
 
Saturday J made me a wonderful breakfast sandwich to power us up for decorating the condo for christmas. I am heading off to Trader Joe's tomorrow to invest in the secret ingredient, and I promise I'll share the recipe as soon as I am able to recreate it. So check back on the food blog later this week. After decorating we used the rest of the afternoon to browse the local shops.  J treated me to an ice cream and I treated myself to a Chia Herb Garden. It's hard for me to contain my excitement about this find, but that will have to be saved for another post.
 
Night number two was pretty much a repeat of night number one except the evening stroll was a little bit longer due to the scenic detour through the woods. It was a sad day on Sunday when I had to pack up my car and leave the wonderful mountain town. But that just means that I will have to return . . . how about the end of the month?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous!