Marc headed out to tip top, our favorite butcher shop, and returned with 5 pounds of boneless pork shoulder. Which means that now we have a lot of pulled pork to eat this week. Luckily I planned ahead and saved some pork without seasoning for future dinners this week.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
from Fine Cooking
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup jarred tomato salsa (medium)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- sandwich rolls or hamburger buns for serving
When pork shoulder pulls apart easily, remove from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Using forks, shred pork. In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tbsp cider vinegar and 1 cup of juices from the slow cooker. Whisk until combined. Add pulled pork and mix well, adding more juices from the slow cooker if needed.
Put pork onto hamburger bun or sandwich roll and enjoy.