Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

What a Beautiful Weekend

I'm not sure how the weather has been in your neighborhood this weekend, but out here in Southern California, it's been beautiful. We have been blessed with two gorgeously sunny days and temps in the high 60s/low 70s.

Yesterday morning was my first Saturday at work. With the number of staff we have the rotation means only working a Saturday once every 3 months, hardly something to complain about. Lucky for me Marc put together a delicious breakfast for me before I headed out, so I had enough fuel to make it through the morning. We were busy but it helped the time pass by quickly and before I knew it, it was time to close the doors and head home.

In the afternoon Marc and I strolled down to the center of town to enjoy fish tacos out in the sun. Then we wandered along the bluffs to check out the surfers. After running a few errands in the afternoon we returned to the waterfront for sunset. Yesterday was a little bit hazy which lead to a gorgeous sunset and amongst the pelicans we also saw a small group of dolphins swimming along. It couldn't have been better.

Today we are enjoying the sunshine, cooking up some ribs, and watching Daytona 500. Nothing like a little NASCAR to finish up a perfect weekend.

No comments: