The recipe is adapted from Epicurious.
- 1 3/4 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 3 1/4 cup), plus 1/4 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into small dice for garnish (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill and parsley, plus 1/4 cup finely chopped (for garnish)
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound large shrimp (31 to 40 count per pound) peeled, cooked, and cut into medium dice (about 8 shrimp) <1/4 pound cooked crab
- 1/2 cup seedless watermelon cut into small dice
In blender or food processor, combine coarsely chopped cucumber, scallions, coarsely chopped herbs, ginger, garlic, olive oil, and yogurt and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in pepper, then transfer to large airtight container and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 4 hours, until chilled.
In small bowl, stir together shrimp, crab, remaining cucumbers and herbs.
Fold watermelon or cantaloupe into chilled soup. Divide soup evenly among 4 chilled bowls and top each with dollop of shrimp mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy!