Pages

Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

By the time the end of last week rolled around I realized that I had a very full weekend ahead of me. That being said, M and I decided to use Friday as our relax day which meant fish tacos at home and rounds of Tiger Woods golf on the Wii.

Saturday morning I had my last class for the nutrition program that I teach. We teach every Saturday for six weeks at a time and then have the summer off. We had a really good group this time around and, just like other groups have told us, they all wished the program went on longer. We'll see them again in three months for a follow-up but from here on out they are pretty much on their own.

Saturday afternoon Dad arrived in town. He has an ASTD conference here this week and decided to come a little early to visit me. We spent some time catching up and making cookies. Then in the evening we went out to dinner at Founding Farmers. So delicious! Afterwards we went to Timberlake's, one of my favorite bars in Dupont Circle, that unfortunately is changing ownership over the next month. The fun part about going out with my dad is that he fits right in with my friends and it's me telling him when it's time to go home. Saturday night we went home at 2am. (!!!)

Sunday we slept in and then had homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast. We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go for a walk around Roosevelt Island. Then stopped for gelato on the Georgetown waterfront before dropping him off at his hotel. I think he fully enjoyed his little mini-vacation and is ready to network and be professional at his conference.

Sunday afternoon I attended a going away BBQ for one of my close friends from work. Since I have started a lot of people have come and gone from the clinic but what I love is that I know I will remain in contact with them despite no longer working together.

Now if only the Penguins had played better against the Red Wings, the weekend would have ended on a high note!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Wow that does sound like fun!

Travis said...

Tiger Woods golf rocks!!!