Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Ice Cream

The other day M and I went on an evening stroll around his neighborhood. It had been grey and gloomy all day but after work the sun came out and it was actually quite beautiful and warm. During our walk we came across the dreaded ice cream truck. Dreaded because I hate the music the trucks play. Something about it really gets on my nerves. Perhaps it's the fact that between March and October there are three different ice cream trucks going up and down my street everyday, but I digress.

On this day I guess I have to be thankful for the ice cream truck or I wouldn't have experienced the following conversation.

    Scene: Little girl on scooter here's music and stops to ask mom and dad what the noise is. Mom and Dad immediately identifying the ice cream truck respond, "That's the ice cream truck!" Little girl then takes off down the street on her scooter to investigate.

    Little Girl: Hello!

    Ice Cream Truck Driver: Why hello there.

    Little Girl: I don't want any ice cream, I just wanted to stop by and say hello.

    *Little Girl pauses to think.*

    Little Girl: Well, actually I do want ice cream but I don't have any money.

It doesn't get any more precious than that.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Oh my word...if I had seen that I would have bought that sweet little girl an ice-cream. Too cute!