Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Training Continues

Today was the first day I have ever run during my lunch break. I have to say it was a lot easier then I expected it to be. Living so close to home I was on the trail about 10 minutes after I left work. I decided today that I wasn't going to run with my iPod, partly because it was running out of batteries and partly because I wanted to hear the sounds of the birds and the water as I ran.

At first it was hard to run because I could hear how hard I was breathing and each one of my footsteps. But when I stopped focusing on that and started listening to the rhythm . . . breath in, step, step, breathe out, step, step . . . and enjoying the sunshine, the run was over before I knew it. I think I also completed closer to 2.5 miles then my allocated 2 miles.

Benefits of running at lunch:
  • Sunny outside
  • Not so many people on the trails but still people around working
  • Workout for the day done
  • Extra energy at work in the afternoon

Drawbacks of running at lunch:
  • Two showers before 1pm
  • Having to eat lunch at my desk after my lunch break
  • Extra hunger at work at the end of the day

No comments: