Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthday Celebrations Part 2

I think I have just about recovered from the weekend and can finally tell you all about it . . .

Friday night soul friend came down from NY and we had a wonderful girls night together; dinner, shopping and catching up to all hours of the night. She even brought me a hand stitched pillow that she made for me a couple of years ago. I was a little scared when she told me it was something I had asked for, but after seeing it I am absolutely in love with it.

Saturday morning soul friend arranged a photography class for me. We did it through Washington DC Photo Safari, and although it was shorter then we expected, it was loads of fun and very educational. We spent some time shooting monuments, then moved inside to learn how to shoot without a flash and tripod, and ended up outside again learning about portraits and close up shots. The best part was learning what some of the functions on my camera actually do. Now I just need some more practice to improve my photography!

Saturday night I rounded up all my friends in DC and headed out for a night of debauchery. Okay maybe not that kind of night but we did visit three really fun bars in DC: Bar Pilar, Saint-Ex, and Local 16. This meant that Sunday was a recovery day. Lucky for me all that was scheduled was brunch and football. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday.

No comments: