Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthday Celebrations Part 1

I wish I could say I was blessed with sunny gorgeous weather for my birthday but unfortunately it seems that the weather gods were against me. The cooler weather, wind, and rain reminded me that yes it is in fact fall. Regardless of the weather I still had a great birthday, well except for the whole being at work for 10 hours part.

Here are the highlights:
  • Numerous phone calls from friends all over the place including a couple of songs and some very strange voicemail messages.
  • A surprise lunch with an old coworker. Old as in I used to be his coworker not old as in over 70.
  • Delicious dinner at Sonoma which included a variety of cheeses, heirloom tomato caprese salad, and scallops with corn polenta. Mmm, mmm!
  • A wonderful present from ABC - 2 hours of Grey's Anatomy.
As birthdays go it really was a good day. The best part is that this weekend there are even more festivities. In about four hours I'll be done with work, soul friend will be arriving from NY and then the real party can begin. Look for Part 2 real soon . . .

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday-Sounds like you will be having lots of fun!!!!!!