Pages

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Festival de Chirilagua

Today was the Chirilagua Festival in my neighborhood. Ever heard of Chirilagua? Apparently it's the name of a town in El Salvador and also the name of the neighborhood where I live due to the number of immigrants from that Salvadorian town.

And what a festival it was! Food, drinks, music, dancing, vendors, this festival had it all. Lucky for me I also had connections at this festival. I guess that's one of the pay offs for both living and working in the area. Thanks to a friendly coworker I received a VIP wrist bracelet which allowed me to walk freely down the alley into the back parking lot where there was picnic benches under tents, free beer from the Bud Light truck, and free food. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the deadly heat then in the shade, sipping a cold beer and enjoying delicious food.

No comments: