Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

List #28 - What I Do With My Friday Mornings

Recently I rearranged my work schedule so that I could better serve the needs of our patients. I stay a few hours in the evening and am rewarded by getting Friday mornings off. The good news is that since I don't have a commute, I don't get home any later than any normal person would despite the fact that I work late. I also reclaim a morning that I lose when I am working my second job on Saturday mornings. In theory I was going to do lots of productive things on Friday mornings, in reality it doesn't seem to working out that way.

The Dream and the Reality of My Friday Mornings
  • Sleep in until 10 o'clock.
    Wake up at 8am unable to sleep anymore, damn routine.
  • Get lots of things done off of my to do list.
    Read in bed for an hour, putz around the house, and then realize it's time to get ready for work.
  • Cook a wonderful feast for brunch of all the things I don't have time to make during the week.
    Eat a bowl of cereal while checking my email.
  • Go for a run in the cool morning air.
    Clean the bathroom, do laundry, and go grocery shopping.

No comments: