Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Your Valentine's Day Fortune

I have to say that I love fortune cookies. I love the sound the cookie makes as you crack it in half and the soft scraping noise as you slide the fortune out. I love the anticipation as you smooth out the piece of paper to see what your fortune holds. And mostly, I love the fact that there's just a little bit of fate in there. You could pick up any of the fortune cookies but no you chose that one and this is fortune it holds for you.

My second favorite are the dove chocolates, rich dark chocolates to be exact. Not only is the heart shaped chocolate delicious but inside the wrapper is a little saying not too far from the chinese fortune cookie. Today in the mail I received a package from my favorite Valentine so tonight I decided to open just one of the chocolates before I head off to my Valentine's Day dinner. And what did it say . . .

The best things in life are chocolate.


I guess it's not looking good for dinner. And then I decided, who are we kidding, I should have one more. It's words of wisdom . . .

Chocolate. Always your Valentine.


Which got me wondering, is this the bag marketed especially for singles, to cheer them up on Valentine's Day? To which the next chocolate said . . .

Chocolate always loves you back.


I better stop now before I finish the bag and ruin my dinner. Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Valentines Day! MMM...I like chocolate wisdom!

irene said...

ah, of course, it's black thursday...

Travis said...

I have a fortune from a cookie in my wallet that says "If you squeeze a orange, juice will come out, because that's what's inside."
Funny.