Pages

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Good News for my Profession

**This is not an endorsement for any candidate in the running for the 2008 presidential election. I simply wanted to point out that the effectiveness of prevention for health care is finally being recognized. Now if only "health care" insurance companies could see this too.**


"So I've already said a sizeable portion of my health care plan will be paid for because we emphasize savings. We invest in prevention. So that as I said before, the chronically ill that account for 20 percent -- or the 20 percent of chronically ill patients that account for 80 percent of the costs, that they're getting better treatment. We are actually paying for a dietitian for people to lose weight as opposed to paying for the $30,000 foot amputation. That will save us money."

~Barack Obama
Democratic debate Thursday night January 31, 2008

No comments: