Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The news you've been waiting for

Drum roll please . . . I've got a job! As of yesterday afternoon I have accepted a dietitian position at a local clinic. So local in fact the pediatrics clinic is located in the building next to mine. I'll work there, a 20 second commute from my front door, two days a week and at the adult clinic, half a mile up the road, the remaining three days a week. I'll be the only dietitian on staff but I'll have the support of the doctors and nurses whom all believe in the role of nutrition when treating patients. The icing on the cake is the fact that the majority of my patients are Spanish speaking so my Spanish will only get better and better. I start the Monday after Thanksgiving (11/26) so I have a few weeks ahead of me to prepare for the job transition. I'm really excited about this opportunity and, honestly, I couldn't have asked for more in my first position.

5 comments:

nicole said...

congrats to you! I think a celebratory drink is definately in order.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! They are very lucky to have you.

Paige said...

VERY EXCITING!

Goombella said...

Woo-hoo -- that sounds like a great job!

Unknown said...

WOO WOO! You ROCK!