Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kate's Great-Grandmother's Corn Pudding

To stick with the posts of late I decided to post another recipe from a friend. Unfortunately there has been no cooking in my kitchen recently due to the holiday and now the new job. But that won't stop me from posting new recipes! Here's a great one from my pal over at Damn Delicious.

My great-grandmother grew up in Olive Hill, Kentucky. This is a traditional sort of recipe, the kind that would have been easy to make and would have fed the entire family. My grandmother grew up eating it and always served it at her Thanksgiving table. Now my mother does the same.

Kate's Great-Grandmother's Corn Pudding
  • 8-10 ears corn, kernels cut off
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (use whole for best flavor)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp salt
Butter a 2-quart casserole dish and preheat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and a little of the milk. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add flour mixture, the rest of the milk, the salt and corn. Stir until combined. Pour into casserole and bake until center is set, about 40 minutes.

For added zest, throw in 3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry, not oil-packed).

No comments: