Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

Grilled Vegetable Wrap

To give myself some direction when it comes to planning my lunches I have decided that I am going to post on a theme this week. So I offer to you four* days of wraps. Besides being 100% delicious, wraps are as easy to throw together as a sandwich but provide that little bit of something different to keep lunches interesting. The only limitation to variety is your imagination and of course what you have on hand in the fridge.

I personally prefer to use whole wheat tortillas or tortillas with extra fiber. As for the fillings, I simply grill my vegetables at the weekend and then leave them in a tupperware in the fridge for use during the week. Assemble the wrap in the morning and voila you have a delicious yet healthy alternate to a sandwich.

Here's what's inside today's lunchbox:
Grilled Vegetable Wrap
Banana
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt with 2 tsp flax seed and 1 tsp sweetened chestnut
1 cup of baby carrots and sliced celery
Kashi Granola Bar - trail mix



Grilled Vegetable Wrap
  • whole wheat tortilla

  • plain hummus

  • grilled italian squash (zuchinni, corgette)

  • grilled chinese eggplant

  • yam
Spread hummous over tortilla. Arrange grilled vegetables down the center of the tortilla. Roll tortilla being sure to tuck in the ends. Slice in half and enjoy!


*Four days, but I thought there were five days in a week?! That's right but on Friday I will be on a plane to England to meet my nephew! Although I suppose I could still pack myself a lunch.

1 comment:

K.S. said...

Yum! This looks so awesome! And yes, you should definitely pack yourself a lunch for the plane... something with cucumbers so it's hydrating!