Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Happy 50th Post!


One of my favorite memories of hanging out with my friend and chef over at Damn Delicious is waking up to the smell of homemade muffins and a pot of freshly brewed coffee in the morning. I kid you not, the girl is the perfect hostess. So when I woke up this morning I knew exactly what I wanted for breakfast. After whipping out my Betty Crocker cookbook I realized this recipe was obviously meant to be as I had all the ingredients waiting for me in the kitchen.

Apple Cinnamon Muffins
  • 3/4 cup milk

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil

  • 1 large egg

  • 2 cups all purpose flour

  • 1/2 cup sugar

  • 2 tsp baking powder

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1 tsp cinnamon

  • 1 medium apple, peeled and diced

  1. Heat over to 400F. Line muffin tin with paper cups, silicone cups or spray with oil.
  2. Beat milk, oil, and egg in a large bowl with a whisk or fork. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until moistened. Do not over mix.
  3. Fold in diced apple. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
  4. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  5. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Marion said...

Your food pictures are delicious and the thought of coffee and muffins makes me want to make muffins for breakfast tomorrow. What do you do with the left overs?

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Funny you should ask, as I am finding I have a lot of leftovers this week. You can either freeze half of the recipe as uncooked muffins in their paper cups or you can freeze half the cooked recipe. Either works really well! Then of course there are friends or neighbors . . .

Goombella said...

Woo-hoo #50! Those muffins look good! Cakes and muffins are one thing I really miss here...it is so hard to find good cake!

K.S. said...

Yum, you are eating so in season! I find fresh fruit muffins go bad more quickly than others - the moisture in the fruit encourages mold - so I'd definitely freeze any leftovers right away. They're so easy to reheat!