Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Baby Watch

In case you didn't know, my sister is just about 9 months pregnant. Her due date is October 7th. So for me that means baby watch has just begun. Since she lives in London it has been decided that the birth announcement will be coming through via text. It's the easiest way to get everyone informed all at once and not overwhelm the new mother. This means that everytime I see an out of country number on my phone I jump thinking, "This is it!" Unfortunately, because my Dad travels a lot and one of my close friends is living in Tanzania, I have recently had quite a few false alarms.

To go along with baby watch, everyone in my family is currenty placing bets on when they think the baby will come. My sister bet last weekend. Wishful thinking on her end but not a winning bet. Yesterday I told my mom the baby would come on the 10th or the 18th. I think my mom guessed the 12th. I'm hoping for the 18th because I think it would be cool to become an RD and an auntie on the same day! I know, I'm a dork.

No comments: