Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where did all the fresh air go?

Why is it that, outside of the lunch hour, the only people that leave the building during the work day are the smokers? As a receptionist I am only allowed to leave my desk three times a day. Unless there is someone to cover my position, I sit here watching the smokers happily going in and out of the office to light up. Then, when I'm finally able to leave my desk, and the building, for my 15 minute morning-break-leg-stretch-ing lap around the building, I am surrounded by the smokers huddling against the wall so the wind doesn't blow out their flame while they light their cigarettes leaving me to wonder, where did all the fresh air go?

What I can tell you is it is a gorgeously sunny and warm 76 degrees fahrenheit outside and I am sitting here bundled up in my scarf freezing cold because all the fresh air is being circulated through the building's air conditioning. What I wouldn't give for a west-facing window or a cup of hot chocolate right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walk-score - so brilliant - works in Norbury!!!
At least somebody reads your blogs!!

Paige said...

Maybe you should take up smoking so you get more breaks. Just a thought.