Pages

Friday, September 14, 2007

Reminiscing

Because I have a little time on my hands I thought I would take a moment and look back to where I was a year ago. This time last year I had just finished my first week of my clinical rotation at Downey Regional Medical Center. It's crazy to think that one year later I no longer live in LA, I've got an MS behind my name, and I've returned to the corporate world by becoming a receptionist. If you asked me a year ago where I would be now, I would have probably told you working in a hospital in Northern California as a clinical dietitian with an MS RD at the end of my name. Although the current job pays the bills, the good news is that it also acts as good motivation to get me to take my test as quickly as possible so I can return to the world of nutrition.

On a completely unrelated note did you know that the United States is made up of 46 states and 4 commonwealths? I happen to live in one of them, the other three are Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Kentucky. Nowadays there is no difference between the two, except for the ability to correct people when they refer to the state of Virginia. That means that just across the bridge is the convergence of a state, a district and a commonwealth. I think that beats the four corners . . . don't you?

No comments: