Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!
[morning edition]

For the first time in a long time I am not surrounded by my friends on my birthday. I don't know how I got so lucky, but usually I have a big get together with my friends on or around my birthday. To be honest I was dreading today a little bit just because I didn't know how it would be to wake up alone in my apartment and then go to work where no one knows it's my birthday. I should have guessed that just like in years past, my friends and family wouldn't let me down.

The first person to wish me a happy birthday was ex-roommie. She called at 1am, determined to be the first to wish me a happy day. Luckily I left my phone in the living room so instead of being woken up at an ungodly hour, I was pleasantly surprised by a voicemail this morning. Awesome.

After listening to her message I replayed the birthday morning ritual of my youth by opening the birthday cards and present that were waiting for me on the dining room table. Even though I had left them there yesterday after retrieving them from my mailbox, it was nice to wake up knowing there was something waiting for me. Thank you Mom, HM and Laura for the goodies!

The rest of the morning was filled with a birthday serenade on my walk to the bus and emails/ecards waiting for me when I arrived to work. Tonight I look forward to a pan of Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies, a bottle of champagne, and a hot bubble bath. Pamper and relax feeling loved, that's the way to spend a birthday.

1 comment:

irene said...

Yes, I'm MENTIONED!!!!