Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer Evenings

This past weekend I had my first visitor to Washington DC. Thanks to a summer friday at work, soul-friend was able to come down from New York for a long weekend. I have to say it was really nice to have someone to explore with. On Friday we wandered around old town all the way to the waterfront. Then friday evening we met up with high school sweethearts for Jazz at the Sculpture Garden. Clear, warm evening temperatures made it the perfect setting for a picnic dinner outside in the garden as the sounds of modern jazz floated through the air. The picture below shows where the band was (underneath the green tent) and the number of people that were out with us.


After the jazz, soul-friend and I decided to wander the Mall and ended up at the capitol. For now I am amazed every time I walk by such iconic structures, but soul-friend remarked to me that after a while you just don't notice them anymore.

Things I love about evenings in DC
  • Watching the fireflies at dusk.
  • The warm evening air.
  • Being able to stroll around historic places.
The rest of the weekend was spent exploring restaurants, grocery stores, and the like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I had a great time, too. Here's hoping I'll be back again soon. Gorgeous pic of the capital, btw... you make it look anything but mundane.