Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hong Kong Airport

Currently I am standing at the connect zone in the Hong Kong International Airport. It's a stand of about six computers with free internet access, how come American airports don't do this?!
 
My flight from LA to Hong Kong was pretty uneventful. I shared my row of three seats with a gentleman named Mitch who was travelling to Vietnam. Lucky for me, he was super nice and allowed me to stretch over two seats. This meant that besides watching two movies, Reign Over Me with Don Cheadle and Adam Sandler and Premonition with Sandra Bullock, I was able to get lots of sleep on my 14 hour plane flight. I estimate probably about 7 hours. That means that for the first time in my life I am not feeling completely exhausted after a long flight.
 
The food on the plane was also really good. I had some chicken thai pan with rice and steamed vegetables for dinner and then chicken and mushroom congee (rice porridge) for breakfast. I had completely forgotten about my recently found favorite chinese comfort food until they passed out the menu, Mmmmmm. The other interesting food item was the in-flight snack. Which consisted of a cup o'noodle. I've NEVER seen that before.
 
Unfortunately my next flight which will take me to Beijing is currently on a half hour delay. Who knows how long it will actually be but for now I have an hour and a half to wander the airport. Luckily there are quite a few stores to peruse and funny signs to take pictures of.

No comments: