Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

T minus 12 hours (give or take)

As I drove away from the Hawaiian Villa, my oasis for the past three and a half years, it finally hit me ... I'm leaving LA. Hard to believe that this much anticipated "moving date" is finally here and as it was when I arrived, my apartment is now empty. Besides a little snafu with the couches I can happily say that the entire packing process ran pretty smoothly and efficiently.

Since there is absolutely nothing left in my apartment, I have decided to spend my last night in LA at a friend's house. It will be nice to have a night in with the ladies as we plan our upcoming adventure to China. It will also be nice to have one more meal of Numero Uno pizza, one of my favorite pizzas in the world second only to Bravo's cheeseless vegetable pizza.

The next post will be 1350 miles into the 2670 mile drive when I arrive in San Antonio, TX. There I'll be spending the weekend with my brother and his better half. Then on Sunday, my dad will be arriving and together we'll be embarking on a road trip as we drive across the other half of the United States. Until then it's just me, my plant, and the Wreckers

1 comment:

John said...

Alright! Virginia... get ready! Drive safe and don't pick up any hitch-hikers.