Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

What's Missing?

Today was a pretty good day until I returned to my car this afternoon to find my licence plate stolen. They took the back plate, my alumni surround plate, and of course the registration sticker on the plate. This left me spending half an hour trying to track down the phone number for the police department, another half an hour making a police report over the phone, followed by another half an hour retrieving said report from the station located in the heart of the ghetto. Let's just say this really made my day.
 
On the bright side, at least my car didn't get broken into, my tires didn't get slashed, and my car still works. On the down side I now have to spend time at the DMV getting issued new plates and getting new registration plus I am now at higher risk for getting pulled over. Although apparently my police report would get me out of a fix-it ticket or citation. What a way to start out the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( That's a bummer!! But seriously -- it's a lot more of a hassle to get a broken window fixed and a stereo replaced, so consider yourself lucky...