Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Trying to Make the Turn

In an attempt to remain positive my motto for this week has been "A bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn."

After not getting my master's project and corrections back on Monday I tried my best to track down my advisor. Turns out she is at a conference until the end of the week and apparently she isn't checking her email while she is there. That means I will not be getting corrections back this week. Instead, I will have to sit around and wait until next Monday (assuming she has actually looked at my project). Forget the fact that I set aside this weekend, my only free weekend before graduation, to get this thing done and out of the way so that I could enjoy the rest of the quarter.

Knowing that I woudln't be getting corrections back from my advisor, I decided to check in with the other two professors who make up my master's project committee. Two weeks ago when I gave my advisor my master's project, I also gave her a copy for each of my committee members. Apparently not. After emailing both of them and actually getting a response from both, I found out that they NEVER received a copy of my project. Where did these copies go? The copies I worked my behind off to get done in a week, printed (and paid for) two extra copies of, and gave to my advisor so that I could get corrections from three members of the faculty . . . apparently they have dissapeared along with my advisor.

So in my last feeble attempt to stay positive, I am still going to dedicate this weekend to my thesis. The only guidelines I have for making corrections are those provided by the library's thesis guideline handout (all the formatting stuff) and the thoughts in my head. Hopefully my standards of excellence are good enough to get this project approved by my committee, the library and the school.

No comments: