Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

I Am Not Normal

So today I was supposed to get my thesis back, torn apart with needed corrections from my advisor. Problem #1 My advisor was not at school today. Problem #2 She's at a conference until who knows when.
 
First I was angry. This is the second time she has blown off a deadline that she created. I worked my behind off to get it to her on time so I could get this whole process over and done with as soon as possible, and now I must sit and wait. I even kept this weekend completely clear knowing that my roommate would be away, I would have a chance to sit down and just crank it out.
 
After getting angry, my next move was to talk to my coach, well I guess you could call her my unofficial coach (if you're reading this you know who you are). With a few simple questions she got rid of the anger and helped me move into humor. And we all know what comes after humor . . .
 
Splurging! (Is that even a word? Apparently so, because spellcheck didn't find any errors.) This is where the "I'm not normal" part comes in. I went to the grocery store and splurged. But unlike most 25 year old women, I didn't buy ice cream, nor chocolate. No, I splurged on fruits and vegetables. I wanted to buy papaya but I didn't know what to look for so instead I settled for my favorite type of orange (tangelos, even though they weren't on sale), mushrooms, strawberries, gala apples, red bell peppers, broccoli, bananas, carrots and spinach. Had I felt like stopping by the frozen food aisle I probably would have gotten blueberries as well. The icing on the cake was that my total at the checkout was exactly $17, does that ever happen?! So now I must go cook myself a feast, a delicious feast.

No comments: