Pages

Monday, November 27, 2006

Run Wild!

Yesterday I participated in the California Academy of Sciences Run Wild! 5K. Man what a race. T, C and I all ran the race however, we didn't exactly run it together. T's a cross-country/marathon runner so there's no way I could ever keep up with him and C kept telling us how far behind us she would be. Regardless we were together at the start and met up to be together at the finish. The people-watcher in me loves races just to observe the different types/groups of people that show up. The athlete in me loves the sound of hundreds of pairs of shoes hitting the road and using that last bit of energy to get past five more people right at the end of the race. Then there's the runner's high that you experience as you cross the finish line before you expected to reach it.
 
This time I made my goal of placing in the top ten of my age group. Unfortunately I didn't beat my pre-injury race time from last christmas but I am definitley getting back to where I was and now I have a goal for my next race. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be in the top three for my age group.
 

Race Name

Date

Time

Pace

Age Group

Place

Overall

Run to the Far Side

11/27/05

28:35

9:11

20-29

26th

453/4000

Santa Monica Christmas Run

12/10/05

23:48

7:41

20-24

11th

149/1072

Run Wild!

11/26/06

25:53

8:21

20-29

10th

184/1667

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats up with the title...easier than scrapbooking...not sure where this fits in with the article. it caught my attention...my sister and i have a scrapbook industry blog...so the title caught my attention.

Bill said...

You're a running machine, scrapbook queen. Are you recovered from your injury?