Pages

Friday, September 08, 2006

Oat Bran Muffins


I'm finally back from Mexico but I have yet to make it home. I've been making the most of my summer break by trying to visit as many people as possible. So for the past two weeks I have been staying with my parents. Unfortunately, their oven is on the blink and we've been having a few difficulties with the water, so I haven't been able to cook all those delicious dishes I have been waiting to try out. Luckily, the oven will behave for just long enough to make these delicious oat bran muffins. They are the ultimate in comfort food. Few ingredients, easy to throw together, moist and delicious to enjoy at elevenses or midafternoon. The recipe can be found on the back of the Quaker Oat Bran hot cereal box or right here:

2 cups Quaker Oat Bran Hot Cereal uncooked
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup fat free milk
2 egg whites
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
raisins and currants to taste

Preheat the oven to 425F. Throw all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix them up and then put them into 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments: