Pages

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm Back!

So I'm back in the United States but haven't exactly made it "home" yet. Since returning I have spent a total of three days in Los Angeles. So what have I been doing to keep myself busy? Glad you asked!
  1. I visited my parents and had the pleasure of renting a UHaul truck. Said truck allowed me not only five hours of driving pleasure but also allowed me to remove a sofa bed, loveseat recliner, bookcases, and a kitchen table from their storage locker to be placed into my apartment. So anyone who used to think my apartment was a little uncomfortable to hang out in, you better see it now. Still no cable but we have comfortable couches and a new tv that will allow us to play ALL dvds, not just the ones from Sony. Although we know those are the best ones.
  2. I spent a long weekend in the midwest for one of my long time girl-friends wedding. We've been friends since fourth grade and never in a million years would I have expected her to be the first to tie the knot. But the guy she's found is wonderful and I truly believe they will be happy together. Needless to say we had a wicked time in St. Louis for her bachelorette party. The wedding involved a lot of running around but in the end it was a beautiful ceremony and I believe a good time was had by all. The highlight of the whole weekend was the reception, after all of my maid of honor duties were completed and I could fully enjoy the open bar.
  3. Last week I experienced the miracle of life and since then have decided I will never ever go through labor myself. Instead I think it is in my best interest to pay for a surrogate mother to have my child for me. That way I can avoid the morning sickness, the swollen ankles, the cravings and most importantly the labor. Either that or adoption is the way to go.
  4. This past weekend my parents and I spent some time down in beautiful Monterey. There was a huge greek festival going on all weekend so we got to enjoy the food and the dancing. It reminded me of all the festivals they have in Santa Barbara during the summer. I also was able to get back into running. There's nothing like getting up early and listening to the sounds of the harbor seals as you breathe in the fresh ocean air. It felt so wonderful to be back in the running groove that it was a struggle to make sure I didn't overdo it. 

I guess that about sums up my two and half weeks back in the US. I will be returning to LA this weekend and start my hospital rotations a week from today. It's hard to imagine returning to my "normal" routine now that I have been away for almost three months. But I guess my "normal" routine is changing this year now that I am starting my dietetic rotations. What an adventurous year it will be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep on blogging. I really enjoy reading your BLog and got a goog laugh out of #3 :-)

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

I guess the title of this blog could also be "back by popular demand"! I'm so glad you are enjoying reading. I'll definitely keep it up for you guys!