- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup canned whole-kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
In a large bowl combine kidney and black beans; partially mash with a fork. Add breadcrumbs, corn, onion and egg; stir until well blended. Form bean mixture into 4 patties. Set aside. To prepare ketchup, combine ketchup, honey, lime juice, chile powder, and cumin; stir with a whisk.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until crisp and beginning to brown. Spread ketchup on bun, top with a bean patty, lettuce and tomato.