Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Update

Here's what's been going on lately.
  • The new neighbor that rented the studio next to us turned out to be the manager of a company run by a man who lives in Australia. They rented the apartment as a place for him to stay when he comes to the states. It turns out that the manager, of singing and belly dancing fame, was embezzling money from the company, using the apartment next door for her affairs and has cancer. Needless to say she won't be around anymore.
  • I finally got my car back after a week in the shop and it has never looked so shiny! I'm just happy there isn't a huge ugly dent in the side anymore. I also learned that State Farm has a quality control program with someone who will check the repairs done on your car and get them to fix it if it isn't up to snuff. Awesome.
  • I went to jury duty on Thursday with the hopes that I would get to see justice in action. Instead I got to watch the juror orientation film and sit in a room with about 100 other people until 11 am when we were told to go home, drive safe and have a great weekend.

This weekend we are hosting my family. I'm not exactly sure how I did it but I was able to convince everyone to come to me for the long weekend. I'm super excited that I don't have to drive anywhere this weekend and tonight, when my brother and his wife arrive, we will all be together again. I'm really looking forward to building sand castles on the beach with my niece and nephew, having a siblings dinner at my place and just relaxing with my family.

No comments: